View Single Post
Old 22-04-2009, 08:14 AM   #18
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazydog View Post
the companies who advertise on the site must have a data base could we ask them to email their customer base.

how about contacting a few radio stations, Rock Radio in Manchester has a biker fraternity (Steve Berry has a morning show) i will give them a bell and email to see if we can get a message out, their must be others.

Has any one contacted MCN

put something on EBay

call in at Ducati dealers see if they will put a flyer up
Without wanting to sound like the voice of doom, I think the problem with advertising this event 'publicly' is that it has the potential to attract the wrong type of attention (oooooh, lots of lovely Ducatis all in one place over a weekend) and/or the attention of plod...

While a bunch of friends meeting up and riding out their bikes is not in itself illegal (not yet, anyway x) - it's about perception, and plod might not take too kindly to such a large group of bikes all riding together - isn't there already some vindictive and discriminatory legislation to stop mass gatherings (ie. more than 5!!!) of people, just in case it all gets a bit political... etc. - and if they are aware of it before hand, they might have nothing better to do on a sunday than give an 'easy target' a hard time?

I agree contacting the UKMOC database and dealer network is a good idea, but remember this is simply a social, it's not a world record attempt...

xxx