View Single Post
Old 29-11-2008, 12:40 AM   #49
JMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary tompkins View Post
One option discussed this May was to use Arrow Mill for the Sunday lunch stop. This would allow national rideout to start/finish at the mill, and make it easier to arrange a plan 'B' on Sunday if the weather is rubbish.
Initially I was against that idea (after all, the point of a ride-out is to go somewhere, right?) but the more I think about it, it sort of makes sense...

• as you say, if the weather is poor, we don't all get soaked going out to lunch.

• as a thought, we could always do the Hog Roast on the sunday lunch time as the main meal - mmmmm, roast lunch! And the 'Gala Dinner' menu format for the Saturday night?

• the bike show/competition could now be moved to after lunch (time to digest while we ogle the machinery), which means there is less of a rush to count the votes etc - easing logistics. It would also mean that late comers get a fair chance of being included in the competition too?

• If the National Ride-out were to start around 10.30-11am, that would still give us a good 2.5 hours before we'd need to be back for lunch? Anyone not fancying a really early morning to get to the Mill for the start, could hook up with us along the way?

The only downside with starting the National Ride-out earlier is that not everyone might be there for the start? However, I would hope they would all be there either along the way or at the finish - for the big finale and feed! Then the bike show/competition in the afternoon...

What do you think?

xxx

ps. agreed with this year's Sunday pub for Saturday lunch...

Last edited by JMo; 29-11-2008 at 12:43 AM..