View Single Post
Old 25-09-2019, 11:38 AM   #32
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luddite View Post
Have a look at this recent thread regarding side panel decals.

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=57673
I had come across the decals in that thread on ebay - I think it's only the twinline 'Desmo' decal that I'd need to go custom (assuming the 'Ducati' & 'M900' decals are of suitable quality to go on the paint work), as I've only found that in white online so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
'Tis funny as when I bought my '97 Monster at the end of 1999 (from a mate who bought it new) I was riding a '96 GSX-R750WT and to begin with the Monster felt antiquated to say the least but there was something about the way it rode that I instantly loved- the seemingly endless 'real world' torque...

<snip>

...there was some old world charm with the 2v motor that was under my skin and so I waved bye bye to the S4 and set about making the old 900 truly 'mine'.

Today, almost twenty years and 35000 miles later I love it more than ever- it puts a smile on my face literally every time I ride it and now that even Ducati themselves can't use the Cagiva font I smile even more- that'll teach the Audi bastids to bring the old models' service parts prices 'in line' with current models.
You've more or less summed up my feelings on why I love the classic M900s - that 2v motor is so beautiful in its simplicity, produces a raw thunder, and I can pretty much roll the power on in any gear, especially the lump in mine - I really do suspect it's an SS motor, and one that is in very good repair as it really does go! I'm actually afraid to full throttle it as even at 3/4 I feel the weight coming off the front wheel! My two previous Monsters had nowhere near the pull that this one does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsen View Post
Blue is the best colour
Now that's how you do a tasteful blue paint job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob.E View Post
Welcome to the true home of the Monster owner, FrankenDesmo.
I've found my people.
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote