View Single Post
Old 24-09-2019, 06:20 PM   #1007
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
A good day, in the sense that I managed to make good some previous poor workmanship, but a bad day, in the sense that it took me nearly all day to achieve this. The intention was to attach the number plate bracket to the rear light holder. When I started I held the two bits where they were supposed to go against the seat latched to the frame and it looked all wrong. I managed to bond in the catch on the centreline of the CF seat without realising that the latch mechanism actually sits c12 mm to the right of the centre-line.
After a lot of messing about I managed to re-drill the 6mm alloy plate that holds the latch itself and the seat locating peg. I got away without having to make a new plate but it might have been quicker if I had. All sorted after about 3 hours and then I got to CF the number plate to the rear light holder.

Tomorrow I will tidy up the excess CF and attach a CF plate that picks up on the alloy bushes in the truncated rear frame rails and bond it to the above.
I have yet to work out precisely how I will route the cabling to the rear lights and the number plate lights, not forgetting the rear view camera cables (3) and how to make sure I can remove the seat with the minimum of fuss. I am hoping a solution will present itself when I have got it all bolted together as it almost depends on the length of the flying leads on the rear lights and the extent to which there is a straight or tortuous path to the inside of the seat hump.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote