View Single Post
Old 03-08-2016, 12:09 PM   #12
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Sorry, I did kind of contradict myself there with the retraction thing.

I initially thought that maybe they were quite tight to the disc, but in fact the wheel turned perfectly normally forwards, so it was releasing okay.
After pushing the pads back and re-assembling dry I thought there was more pad disc clearance as I could not reproduce the original fault...The wheel was nice and free in both directions.
So confusing myself a bit there too as it is all so difficult to see in there when assembled.
Everything except the wear in the bush (and pads) is checking out okay so far.

I am sure I have free play at the end of the master..The rod was clean as a whistle, as I left it, so no probs there either.

I am blaming it all on a build up of brake dust at the moment, although that might not really explain the bush wear?... Could you suggest a better grease?

It is still just possible that there is some crud in the master that would block the 'ole when mounted, as the 'ole is at the bottom...I tested it inverted with the hole at the top.
I will do a fluid change in pretty short order and re-check everything so hopefully that will shift anything in there.