Thread: We're Home
View Single Post
Old 11-05-2015, 08:55 PM   #22
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albie View Post
Was really nice to meet you Gazza . It was good of you to make the effort. I will say that the ride outs get better all the time because we all get more used to doing the Belgian way which really does work and you actually play a role.
In fairness to J.P he is a gent whom you can say can we slow it down a bit. I am a captain slow at times and always feel awkward slowing folk up especially with a pillion and that's why I sat back to mop up if needed and because I cannot get lost on my roads where I live. If you go as fast as the fastest they will continue that way. I did my best to keep up on Friday run but lost the pack but they will always wait so don't worry and feel bad. I do but that's me. Anyhow hope you felt welcome amongst us. Fancy Belgium then in Sept.
Ah! So that's the Belgian way. Well I think it rocks.

It's actually not too hard to keep up with JP, but then it's always reasonably steady at the front of the run. The whiplash/elastic effect makes it much harder at the tail end.
Hence it makes more sense for Captain Slow and his nervous mate to be at the front with Captain Flashheart at the rear.

(Was just going to edit this myself but you beat me to it Slob. I consider my wrist slapped.....Sorry for the indiscretion.)

Some of the old British owners clubs practice a method where you always keep the bike behind you, in sight...So a bit of waiting and loitering is not unknown...Perhaps not really suitable for Monsters?
Some of the big Annual runs, like the AJS&Matchless owners 400+ bike runs, are marshalled at every turn, sometimes by the Police...Again, perhaps er, not for us.?

As for Belgium......Well I don't have a passport as it happens........

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 12-05-2015 at 03:59 PM..