View Single Post
Old 02-05-2023, 10:41 PM   #4
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by 900Rebuilder View Post
Do new belts have a lifespan do you know? I've got a set still in their cardboard sleeve from Ducati but they must be 10+ years old but have never been fitted
I was wondering about this recently as I've had some Exactfit belts in the spares box for a couple of years. As with Mr G, I always store them out of the light and removed from their cardboard sleeve, so they're perfectly round at the moment.

I did a bit of a search online and found a quote on another forum from Chris at Ca Cycleworks in response to just this question.

"If the belts are stored in plastic and away from sunlight, they have an infinite shelf life. Our manufacturer/importer stores samples from every batch of product he orders then checks the belts every year. Every year, they have consistently stayed "fresh".

We do have EU and UK distributor via Stu at ExactUK.
"

These Exactfit belts have always been touted as having a three-year operational life but, since Ducati have apparently extended the service life of OE belts on some of the earlier models to five years, http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...ad.php?t=58960 I'm wondering if there's been any corresponding change to the recommended lifespan of the Exactfit belts. I must drop an email to Stu at Exact UK to see if he has any thoughts on the matter.
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote