View Single Post
Old 27-09-2021, 09:03 AM   #9
PPuxley

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I was rummaging in a not often visited cupboard yesterday and I found myself with a strobe gun in my hand that I didn't know I had! I don't even know where it came from, so I hope I haven't borrowed it and forgotten who it belongs to.

It's a yellow Gunson, the same shape as the one I pictured above but a 12 volt with an inductive sensor. The thing is that it has the adjustable sensitivity that you mentioned might make it work on your Monster Patrick.

I know that you have another type coming to you, but if that fails, then you are welcome to try this one. Obviously I will make sure it's working first.
Thank You, Gazza! The other one should be with me tomorrow., but if that fails, I will take you up on your offer.
Im out there again atm (just popped in to check a wiring diagram), Checking everything again. Ive just looked at the belts - I dont know whether its even possible to get them a couple of teeth out and it still not crash the valves......but anyway they were spot on.
I havent actually swopped coils yet, so Ill do that now and see if the fault moves with the coil. Ive already swopped CDIs and the fault stayed put. Im really running out of ideas.