View Single Post
Old 15-04-2021, 06:28 PM   #3
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Bless you Jezza, you're a man of style and taste..

Edit; The cooler guards now include replacement screws to ensure they have enough length to hold properly, as we have found that sometimes the original screws are barely long enough in the first place. Screws are A2-70 stainless steel.
Guards inclusive of screws and postage are now £31.

If you want more than one however, the postage stays the same, so a slight saving with a multi buy. If I can deliver by hand at a club meet up somewhere I will of course and save the postage.

Dacs has already taken two away and will be fitting those to the later type coolers with the rounded ends that replaced the boxy ones, so looking forward to seeing how they look on those.

Fitting probably needs no explanation; they just fit under the alloy cup washers of the oil cooler mounts.
Unfortunately, they will not fit in the lower position as on the SS models, as the handing of the brackets is reversed on the lower mount oil coolers. I could supply spare brackets to reverse the handing of the guard if required if you have TIG skills and equipment.
By rights they should fit the Hypermotards I believe? As they use the same valve cover bracket and cooler.
Not sure how long that cooler was fitted, probably till about 2006? Maybe someone could help with that please?

They are stainless throughout with "5 mesh" woven screen. (5 wires per inch) The frame is 4mm wire, the mesh is welded on the back on every wire and is very neat indeed.. Clever stuff.
The brackets are laser cut and CNC folded. A friend TIGed those on for me using a jig I made. They fit well and should deflect a hefty blow from road debris as well as looking shiny.

Really hoping to sell all these as I seem to be financially embarrassed by the project!!

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 13-10-2022 at 07:35 AM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote