View Single Post
Old 26-11-2020, 04:24 PM   #6
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Did you read those threads I put links to in your "welcome" thread, Omar? Chris.p's gives you the information you want.

As Darren said, I've had this done too and would definitely say it's money well spent. It'll still be cheaper than fitting a second-hand set of Öhlins, which you'd probably still have to have serviced and possibly resprung/revalved. Note that the Öhlins forks from the 1100S, (if you managed to find a set), are not a straight swap as the brakes have a different offset, (15mm against the Evo's 10mm), so you'd need to change the discs too, (or fit a spacer ring).

If it helps, this is the reply I got from K-tech when I enquired. (N.B. The prices shown are from 2016 so will no doubt have changed by now.

"For your forks I would recommend one of our SSK piston kits this is what was fiited to Chris’ bike, these comprise of complete new compression and rebound piston assemblies with our own design CNC machined pistons which have revised damping settings to give better control and feel from the original forks, these are also supplied with new rebound flow control valves and needles to give a much finer range of adjustment to the rebound damping circuit. The SSK piston kits are designed for road and track day use to enhance the performance of the standard fork and give a greater front end feel and confidence to the rider. The cost of the piston kit to fit your make and model of bike is £191.66 + VAT.
To compliment the piston kit we also manufacture replacement compression Flow Control Valves, these replace the standard items fitted in the bottom of the fork legs and give a much finer range of compression adjustment. The price of these optional Flow Control Valves is £62.50 + VAT.
We also offer optional rate fork springs to suit rider weight and the discipline the bike is being used for, the price of these is £70.84 per pair + VAT.

The piston kits are only available through recognised dealers as there are special tools required to fit them correctly and guarantee performance. We offer this fitting service in our own workshops which we charge at £100.00 + VAT. This price includes a complete strip and rebuild of the forks including new oil and labour but does not include any service parts such as seals or bushes. These would be inspected when the work is being carried out and replaced if needed and charged for accordingly. Alternatively you can go onto our website and choose a dealer near you to carry out the work. The shock spring is fine for your weight so no need to change that, we can have them picked up from any address that is best for you.
"

This thread might also be of interest:

http://www.ukmonster.co.uk/monster/s...d.php?p=556256

Last edited by Luddite; 26-11-2020 at 04:26 PM..
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote