View Single Post
Old 19-01-2019, 11:10 AM   #14
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Whilst Geoff rummages through his collection of rare NOS parts you could always nip down to Wilkco and get some longer bolts and washers/spacers to experiment with?

My own opinion with the old style monster at least is that because its so similar to the race bikes geometrically speaking that clip ons work really well, even those that are raised up nearly as high as the standard bars put a bit more weight over the front.

I just couldn't get on with the standard S4 bolt on things as they were just at the wrong angles and too high for me, awkward, vague feeling and not comfortable. Even though my clip ons with risers aren't that much lower so they don't put your hands that much lower the angles can be adjusted to be more comfortable and since they're narrower you get a much better feel and feedback from the front.

If I had a Monster with a conventional top yoke and bar clamp setup I would probably be tempted to try some 'Jota' style bars the same as I have on my Mirage. Clip ons don't necessarily mean back breaking uncomfortable and I can ride either bike for long periods without any problems and I do have a medical spine condition.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote