View Single Post
Old 17-01-2019, 07:45 PM   #5
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by vince53 View Post
hi guys , been out a few times now ,I was wondering if anyone feels a bit ackey with the wrist's ,might be because its not great conditions so not really moving like I would normally , all standard on the bars and clamps at the moment , don't want to change stuff about if its going to be fine once conditions get better and start pulling some more speed and connecting the bends together * ) just wondered if any one else has done anything ? thanks in advance vince .
Firstly I would say that while it is partly true that going a little faster as the conditions improve is likely to take a bit of weight off your wrists it is when the conditions are not so great that you want to be feeling as comfortable as possible which in turn will give you greater control and confidence while riding.

Handlebar type and position are all quite a personal thing which for a fair part will depend on your own physical shape and size (arm length etc.) because as I am sure you are aware, motorcycles come from the factory with ergonomics that are a compromise for the 'average' size and shape rider- a kind of 'One size (almost) fits all'.

However, before you go to changing bars and risers there is one little trick to try- Sit on the bike with your hands on the grips and fingers resting on the brake and clutch levers.

Now look to see if your fingers are in line with your forearms. From your elbows to the tips of your fingers it should be a nice straight line- if not then this could be a cause of your wrist ache which then travels up your arms making your shoulders tense and in turn making you think about being tense and thus not feeling 'at one' with your riding.

*Note: In order to adjust the position of your levers you may well need to remove the little locating pips on the switch gear but don't worry they are only there to aide the assembly operators to ensure each and every motorcycle leaves the factory with them in the same place.