View Single Post
Old 19-06-2021, 07:01 AM   #58
Rostrumorhospit

Bike: S4
Update on current situation
Short answer, bike still the same but have booked it in with a place over here in Northern Ireland, Torquetronix, goes in on Monday, hopefully he reckons he can get in to remap the ECU and put it on the rolling road, fingers crossed.
I also rang Moto rapido just to see if they had any info on the bike, spoke to a guy 'Andy' who was quite helpfull but they did not have any record of the bike, he did say he reckoned I have an AMA race kit on the bike going by the spec I gave him, he also thought that kit came with twin injectors on each cylinder, which are not on the bike, he reconded the 2nd injectors came in around the 6500 rpm mark, so definitely sounds plausible.
He also said about cleaning the injectors, a few forum members also commented on possible injector issues so haven't rulled that out either, I did try a 'Lucas oils injector cleaner that you pour into the petrol tank but have never really been convinced about that kinda stuff but thought if I noticed any difference it would be an indication at least that there was an issue with the injectors but didn't notice anything.
My thinking ATM is, if the bike had a Power commander fitted and now it doesn't, it's gonna need the ECU mapped so fingers crossed this gives me an improvement.
ATB
Davey
Rostrumorhospit is offline   Reply With Quote