View Single Post
Old 19-01-2020, 11:33 PM   #1097
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Thanks Flip - nice to be appreciated.
Re the tensioner bearings I think that is why I asked the question as I had a nagging doubt as to whether C3 spec bearings were required - however as Stein Dinse show a picture of non C3 bearings that is what I bought (SKF bearings from Simply Bearings about a year ago for about half the SD price)
The original Ducati bearings have no electrically etched numbers or identification on them at all.
I am in a quandary now, I think you are right C3 bearings are probably the better specification for the application, but I also think that SD probably consulted Ducati as to the replacement types and offered non C3 as the replacement ( because the originals were non C3). If I am wrong then the bearings could overheat and seize and bugger up/break the belts and f*** ** the motor.
If I am right and I leave them there I am no worse off than a brand new Ducati M900 owner.

With regard to the fixed bearings I could find no alternatives and paid Moto Rapido prices less 10% UKMOC discount which was a lot less then SD - about £33 each compared to £48 each from SD.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote