View Single Post
Old 21-06-2021, 04:12 AM   #63
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by spuggy View Post
Rexxer units are probably very good. Given the prices, I doubt anyone but professionals are going to buy them: https://www.rexxer.eu/e_produkte.cfm

Heck, they want 98 euros for the Fiat lead I can buy all day long on Flea Bay for 5-10 quid... Chortle.

London Electronic (website: lonelec.co.uk/lonelec.com) only rushed me 25 quid for a Fiat lead and a UK-built and tested ODBCII USB reader guaranteed to have the correct serial FTDI chip in it (as opposed to the Chinese clone/knock-off chip you might randomly get in a 5 quid no-name Chinese item).

That said; for anything other than checking a map or maybe twiddling/resetting some minor settings, you're going to want a pro with the right gear; it makes no sense to try to flash maps and test-ride them against your butt-dyno (which are notoriously easily fooled); you really need instrumentation (at least wide-band lambda) and a rolling road.

Because it's tough to find a private driveway long enough to let you see what AFRs you're getting under load at the top of 4th. Or how new PWM parameters work out for closed-loop boost control.

It's also hard to over-emphasize how much more efficient logging makes tweaking the map - as opposed to trying to do it in real-time.
Spug. Can you use a standard OBD2 code reader with the leads if you don't want to use a laptop? I've got DucDiag on an old laptop and it works fine, but for just checking/clearing error codes I think a small handheld device would be easier for me. I'm not so keen on the blue tooth because you still need some hardware (phone/tablet) to get the codes ones but that's something I may consider too. Cheers

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote