View Single Post
Old 07-06-2016, 02:26 PM   #20
emily's driver
Full Metal Tea Bag

Bike: S4Rs
Well the build is now complete! 88 days start to finish! From initially tearing the bike and engine down to every last nut and bolt, to this.

Was never completely sure it would be finished in time but now that it is, it's turned out so much better than I had originally envisaged and is genuinely better than new. Not a single steel fastener remains on the bike, save for those awkward to replace/replicate bolts, which were either changed for new ones or bright zinc plated. Lots of work went into this project and doubtless would never had been completed were it not for the infinite patience of my wife (Nonnie) and Carl Harrison Motorcycle Services in Harleston Norfolk (www.carlharrisonmotorcycles.co.uk), without whom things would have ground to a halt long ago.

Modifications included lots of paintwork, powder coating, epoxy primed and painted parts, new lights, tyres, pads, discs, filters, alarm, connectors, sound deadening, filler cap, indicators, instrument cluster, master cylinders, billet aluminium parts, chain, sprockets, seat upholstered, battery, key antenna, engine totally stripped, media blasted, painted - with news shells, bearings, seals, shims, gaskets, HEL brake lines, clutch and brake levers, grips, bar ends, exhaust clamps, system polished, all carbon re-lacquered...the list goes on. Anyhow I will let you be the judge as to the end result. Bike passed it's MOT on Friday and these images were taken last weekend just before it's inaugural ride. All ready for WDW2016 in three weeks time. Bring it on! If you want to see more detail on the project, please refer to the Facebook page, where you'll find many more photos and information OR click on any of these images to view the entire photo album

Last edited by emily's driver; 07-06-2016 at 02:29 PM..
emily's driver is offline   Reply With Quote