Thread: Date announced
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2017, 10:23 PM   #17
MrsC_772
Silver Member

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Book accommodation with air con - it would be miserable in the heat without, and book asap as it does get booked really quickly for WDW.

At the circuit, the coolest place is in the grandstands overlooking the hairpin - shade and breeze.

I've stayed in Cattolica - the town is taken over with Ducatisti, the background music is rattling dry clutch and rumbling Termi for the weekend.

I had a less positive experience when I attempted one of the guided ride-outs in 2014 (disorganised, I got left behind so took myself of to lovely Urbino for a consolatory icecream), though I may have been unlucky. Lots of eye candy at the circuit (and some hideous bikes), the chance to ride on track (if you pre-book), various daft competitions between the various race team guys (dirt track, Diavel drag racing). Probably a preview of an unreleased new model (last time the Supersport, previously the Scrambler).

Go to Tavullia to eat at Pizzeria da Rossi - despite the celeb association (and being home to Vale's fan club) food and service were good, and it was good value. But bring mozzie repellant as they're bad in Tavullia. The Simoncelli museum in Coriano was also worth a visit.

I've ridden solo all the way to and from Misano the 3 times I've been, and that has been a key part of the trip. I've taken a fortnight each time, averaging 250 miles per day, with time to play on the mountain passes in the Alps, Route Napoleon etc.
MrsC_772 is offline   Reply With Quote