View Single Post
Old 11-03-2020, 07:22 AM   #46
FrankenDesmo

Bike: M900
Rode it last night just to see if I could 'blow it out' - no dice, same behaviour. Pulled the plugs - front cylinder black (ever so slightly wet looking at one point around the rim of the thread), top cylinder white/grey on the ground electrode.

It does pull incredibly strong if it's half throttle+, from pretty much any point in the rev range, but mostly past 4k once it's cleared the rough part of the range. Honestly this bike is so much more powerful than my previous two - feels like it'll power-wheelie in second! My first M900 must have been down on power due to high mileage aswell as being one of the soft 'W' head lumps. The S2R800 must just be a softie all round.

Carbtune has turned up, along with a new fuel filter, however I didn't order the nipple caps at the same time but with any luck they'll turn up today as well. I can then at least fit the nipples, which have fresh seals, and cap them to make sure I'm eliminating the vacuum leak. I've got myself a long PH2 screwdriver, so I'm ready to attack the sync.

Failing that, this does (from my limited knowledge) seem like an air leak somewhere, but it doesn't otherwise seem to be in the intake runners - has anyone else come across leaks in other places? Or at that point should I seriously consider stripping the carbs?
FrankenDesmo is offline   Reply With Quote