View Single Post
Old 12-05-2021, 06:27 PM   #88
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Only had a couple of hours today. The original Regina chain was completely mullered although the sprockets are barely worn. I normally change chains and sprockets together as a new chain will wear faster on old sprockets (and vice versa) but the sprockets seem to be temporarily unavailable in the original sizes and for potential conversion to 520 chain only the rear sprocket was available. So I ordered 525 x 98 link DID chain off ebay.
It arrived this morning but:

it did not fit. WTF!!!
What was Mr. Moroni thinking? The sprockets appear to be 530, the poor little engine with 30 something bhp could barely drag that around. Needless to say, a 530 chain is now on order but it will have to be shortened as it was designed for a Honda Blackbird.
The remainder of today was soldering small gauge wires to the 3 indicator lights on the dashboard. Some while ago in a bit of a drunken haze bought this little device from Banggood or Aliexpress for less than a tenner. Worth every penny when trying to do fiddly little soldering jobs. Tomorrow if I get round to it I shall drill and tap the base and mount it on a 100mm x 100mm x 10mm aluminium base to give it a bit more stability.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote