Thread: Monster M900sie
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2022, 09:01 AM   #1
deanyoungblood

Bike: Other Not a Ducati
Monster M900sie

Hi all

Just wanted to introduce myself, I picked this monster up last week. It’s a standard bike and I’d like to keep it more or less that way.

I’m going to mostly use it during summer and spend winter improving the condition of some areas.

There’s the odd rust spot on the frame, some flaking paint on the engine and cases and a few areas where it can be improved.

I own a couple of other bikes, a custom thruxton 1200r and a 790 bonneville.

So far I’ve ordered a service kit and am just waiting for my mate to find some time to help with belts. Plugs, oil, air filter and fuel filter will all be changed as I like to have a baseline to work with when I buy something used. Also, need to ride more to get the fuel level down before I swap the fuel filter.

I’m keen to get my hands on an exhaust that’s in keeping with the aesthetic but produces some more noise, so I’m on the lookout.

I may swap the mirrors as all I can see is my shoulders. All original parts will be kept and nothing is being chopped.

There is some water marks and misting in the rev counter gauge face; are these simple enough to take apart and clean?

There have already been a number of members that have offered advice and help, which I’m very grateful for.

If anyone is aware of a carbon tail section with 3 mounting holes, a yellow rounded headlight fairing or a yellow or carbon belly pan, let me know.

Anyhow, onto the pictures.

Last edited by deanyoungblood; 16-05-2022 at 10:44 AM.. Reason: Missed text
deanyoungblood is offline   Reply With Quote