View Single Post
Old 15-08-2019, 08:04 PM   #980
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Not so much achieved today on the Monster as it was A level results day and No 1 son got the required grades to go to his first choice university. He worked very hard through the spring and early summer and deserved his place.
I did a lot of filing today, first I went to remake the seat bracket I botched yesterday and then realised I had no aluminium sheet (abandoned road sign) left, so I had to modify the old one. This bracket will have some captive nuts attached to the upper surface and 4 x inverted saddles (2 each side) will be screwed on to sit on the frame. It shall be bonded into the seat structure. The main purpose is to provide a flat base for the saddles to be screwed on to so that they are the right distance apart and parallel with the frame tubes and if necessary packing pieces can be added between the plate and the saddles to raise or lower the seat.
Then I modified my instrument surround to take out the top lug so that the fly-screen can sit over it. I may yet have to remove the lugs on either side to obtain the necessary clearance in which case there is enough meat below the existing holes to drill and tap 6mm to attach the fly-screen to.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote