View Single Post
Old 16-04-2021, 09:46 PM   #1
PPuxley

Bike: M900
Newboy here, from Reading.

Hi, I'm new here, new to Ducatis and new to Monsters. I've been a lifelong biker, now 64 and retired. But not new to Italian machinery. My other bikes are a long owned Laverda Jota 120 (since 84)

and a just completed nut and bolt rebuild and Electric start conversion to an XR400R Honda.

Im now looking for my next ground up rebuild and after having a good read of Ian Falloons book and having always had a hankering for the Monster, I started looking for a suitable early M900 before 98.
I was particularly taken by Tony Lloyds (Buzzer) rebuild and by complete co-incidence I ve ended up with a black 95 ( registered jan 96) M900 from Nick Brown in Nairn near Inverness. It arrives next Saturday.

I havent made up my mind yet whether I will meticulously return it to original or allow sympathetic revisions. (Nick is very keen I keep it Black)I had an experienced motorcycling friend give it the once over and had long very helpful chats with Nick and I think most of the important stuff is there and whats missing is still obtainable. Its a project, and it will come apart to the last nut and bolt, it will no doubt cost me overall, but it will get ridden when finished (I do about 5k miles a year on the Jota)

So expect plenty of inane questions

And I'll start with this to see who got this far
Is this the right Factory manual or is there something better?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ducati-Mo....m46890.l49286
PPuxley is offline   Reply With Quote