Thread: Classic Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2015, 06:06 PM   #21
Flip

Bike: M900
Had an excellent day up at Donington on Saturday after a horrendous ride up Friday afternoon which entailed filtering through ridiculous traffic on the M25 including four (yes FOUR!!!) cars deliberately moving over to close the gap from lane three to two in order to prevent bikes filtering.

It was good to catch up with Grumpy and Utopia while there and talk bikes over a cuppa (thanks for that).

As usual there were some fantastic bikes either being raced or paraded but don't worry chaps I won't mention the 'other' Italian V-twin you both admired but I am going to shop you for this Bavarian beauty that had come over from the Netherlands which I have to admit was lovely and no slouch on track either.

A favourite of mine out on track was not one but two TR750's- check out those ear splittingly loud peashooter pipes.

Yes I was gutted not to be racing over the weekend particularly as my name was on the entry list in the program still but it was good to see a bit more of the racing than I normally would have. It also gave me an opportunity to pop a few more miles on the Monster and am glad to say my ride home was much better even though I opted for the rather dull M1 route back but on the plus side only took me three hours including a fuel stop on the way.

Roll on next year where all being well I, and my Mach 1 shall be back out on track!!!