Thread: For Capo.
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2022, 07:55 PM   #24
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Dacs had a little pilgrimage to the bench earlier this year to show Mrs Dacs our little homage.
He reported a big split in one of the slats. Not unknown in the early settling stages of wood, so I prepared another slat and this morning Grumpy and I met on our Monsters to replace it with tools that we could carry on bikes.
Amazing what you can carry!

It's all good as new again now and the plaque even got a quick buff.

It's such a nice village with a good community, a fellow stopped as he passed and chatted about the bikes, then he offered to dispose of the cracked slat so I didn't have to take it home.
The Chequers pub opposite brought us both cups of coffee for free even though they were not open.
We chatted with the landlady about the possibility of holding a wake for Capo and some helpful suggestions were offered.
This would be a good place to get together and remember Capo, maybe one Sunday afternoon in say, July?
The pub serves food from 12noon onwards on Sundays and local musicians strike up in the pub garden at about 4pm. Motorcyclists are very welcome in the village. I can also get info about local B&B if anyone would like to come a distance and overnight? (Camping is available behind the pub which serves breakfast in the morning.)

Anyone up for that?