View Single Post
Old 03-08-2021, 08:51 PM   #49
Luddite

Bike: M1100evo
Sorry the suspension mods haven't yet lived up to your expectations, Ian. It may just be a case of needing some fine tuning. The good thing is that, now you have quality damping valves, you will actually feel a difference as you adjust them, unlike with the stock damping where I couldn't detect much difference between wound fully in and fully out.

If you read my thread on my own suspension changes, you'll see I had similar feelings to you, even down to the specs bouncing off my nose! That's how I know the suspension's working properly now - my specs stay planted whatever the road surface.

You might want to try backing off the compression damping. I have mine wound right back to just two clicks off minimum. I've made a conscious decision to tune the forks for compliance rather than for ultimate high speed performance. I have pretty soft 7.5N/mm springs and a light 5 weight oil instead of the recommended 7.5. The result is a very compliant ride but with no bottoming so I see no need for firmer springs. The sag figures are right in the middle of the ideal settings and, after braking hard enough to activate the ABS as a check, I still have 15-20mm travel left to deal with bumps.

Out of interest, what springs did you have fitted and what is your weight, (if you don't mind me asking!)?
Luddite is offline   Reply With Quote