View Single Post
Old 20-04-2021, 08:55 AM   #27
Darkness

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by PPuxley View Post
Thanks. Well hopefully barrels/pistons, is a problem I dont have.

More on Silencers
MR are saying the same as everyone on cans, they cant even say what the numbers should be, so I guess anything that looks right ....is right.
Can anyone tell me: can the whole outer aluminium tube be removed of all its innards? if I want to dip, treat, refinish and reanodise? I couldnt see any rivets, but I have seen photos (Buzzers, I think) where it has a least been slid along, but does it come right off.

Air Filter Cover
Amongst a number, probably, here is the first piece I know I will need
Part no 24610463A and different (I am told when I checked with Moto Rapido) to 24610463B.
Ive looked on ebay, but only find 24610463B, but maybe Theres a better search term than
Ducati Monster M900 airbox top, lid , cover
Is this going to be another part like cans that because people replaced them will be kicking about in peoples lofts and garages?
The intake nozzles 13510082A are still available.

The aluminium sleeves do come off the silencers, but usually put up a fight. Having removed them from the bike, if you remove the two bolts and triangular mounting brackets, you can slide the sleeve forwards till it hits the splayed link pipe.

You can’t slide them back at this stage because of an integral retaining flange in the end cap.

That allows you to cut the back end off the can, and if you beat out the chamfer in the leading edge of the sleeve you can then slide the sleeve off.

The different cans have a variety of chambers and perforated tubes and you can cut out as much or as little as you want.

I have a shortened pair of standard silencers which I don’t now use that you’d be welcome to if you want them. They have had everything removed from inside the sleeve and a straight through perforated pipe and fibreglass packing inserted instead. The end caps are pop rivetted in place, so now very similar to Termi’s!

The same airbox lid is used on the SS 900. I’m sure someone would like your performance one off you as they sound great on full throttle!