View Single Post
Old 13-12-2023, 04:38 PM   #10
Dukedesmo

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardDDuke View Post

Does anyone have any advice as to how difficult fitting TPS to Keihin FCR carbs is, and whether I should simply take the "easy route" and go with what Ignitech suggests with the IAPS ?
Fitting the TPS is fairly simple, don't know if you have banked carbs or singles? but either way you fit the TPS on the end of the throttle shaft but the shaft is not long enough so you need to buy a longer shaft that sticks out the end - at least you do with the single carbs, banked maybe different?.

I got the TPS, the longer shaft and a TPS mounting bracket from Frank MX in the Netherlands; https://www.frankmxparts.com/ but in the end I didn't use the bracket as I thought it a bit flimsy for my setup, so I made my own from a thick piece of aluminium (the pictures above show the assembly procedure).

Once fitted, the calibration is easy - simply go to the Ignitech programme and set 0 TPS when the throttle is shut.

I can't comment on the IAPS and I wonder it it might depend on whether you have an airbox or not? but I would expect it to fluctuate in sync with the engine speed, whereas the TPS will stay steady?

Dukedesmo is offline   Reply With Quote