View Single Post
Old 13-11-2013, 10:07 AM   #17
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by utopia View Post
ps. I noticed on the other forum that you are looking for some handguards for the 695, Matt.
I have been working on my own unique design for these over the last couple of years and they are now just days away from being available on the forum in limited quantity. In fact, the first pair were sent out to He11cat last week before I left for EICMA.
In my opinion, my design is much better than anything else on the market. They fit to the coffin master cylinder units and have no attachments whatsoever to the bars themselves, so they're neat, easy to fit, narrower than other designs but more effective at shielding your pinkies from the icy blast, and quickly detachable if you prefer a less cluttered look in the summer (though I leave mine on cos I like the way they look).
After a couple of years testing I can confidently say that they are more effective than heated grips, and super toasty when used in conjunction.
Being handmade at low volume, they aren't the cheapest, but I honestly think they are the best available.
Watch this space.
I'd be very interested when they are available. Let me know prices and availability