View Single Post
Old 25-02-2022, 08:25 PM   #562
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Hopefully on a more helpful note..

Did your oiling/smoking issue surface before or after you topped up the oil at the service station? I wonder if you might have inadvertently over filled in all the excitement? No way of checking now of course.

I'm also wondering if all is well with the breather and maybe the crankcases are getting pressurised?

The only other straw I can clutch is the presence or absence of the oil deflector plate in the oil filter housing. I can't remember if it should be in or out if an oil cooler is fitted? Thinking that maybe if was wrong then it might enable too much oil to be flung up the front pot?

Obviously you staggered the ring gaps when you put it together, but is there a recommended orientation of the gaps? Besides if the gaps are good as you say, then they would be closed when at temperature anyway.

Sure is a heavy deposit on that plug!!
No initially when we got the bike going from rebuild Alec made a comment about a slight puff on start up. We noticed on the mag shoot a few puffs but was not extreme and pulled very well.. After that its first run was the weekender. It was fine all the way there that's 110 miles. It started from really the first ride out. The right gap is only 0.10mm from service limit so although ok I'm not happy with that. But the rear as we thought was very oily on plug .
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote