View Single Post
Old 04-08-2020, 06:58 AM   #21
Nasher

Bike: M900
Thanks Jerry, I agree with the first bit, but won't be burning the bodywork.

This is a completely standard bike in every way, and despite being unloved at the moment there were very few of them brought into the country.
I'm imposing a strict no cutting or welding of the unique standard components on this one, and will only be modifying the more readily available parts I'm putting on it, and all the standard parts will be stored.

Back in the late 80's I brought a then very unloved Z1000H for next to nothing, the pre-Gpz injected one of which only @200 were imported. I mono-shocked it, big bored the engine, put GSXR upside down forks in it, and generally cut it up and modified nearly every bit of it.
I thoroughly enjoyed it, but when I sold it just a few years ago it was worth £5k instead of £15K.

There were less of the 1000SSie imported, as far as I can tell under 100 units, and I won't be selling it for a while.

Considering it was in the 2003 range alongside the 749, 999, ST, Multistrada and Monster ranges. And was well down on power compared to other makes similar bikes, I'm surprised anyone brought one. Only the die-hard Brand Loyal 2V Aircooled fans would have considered it, esopecially looking like it does.

Nasher.