View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 09:51 PM   #4
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Ha ha, that took me straight back to the committee meetings of the AJS & Matchless Owners Club back in the eighties, up in the conference room above the Nationalist Motorcycle Museum.
I remember the discussions leading up to the rendering of all the parts lists in their possession onto microfiche for easy reference and posterity... The white heat of technology eh?

Going on from Darkness's suggestion, I think something like that would be a cool idea and simply add to the club's pooled knowledge. It's not beyond the wit of man to scan all that material, and it could then be stored as a series of PDFs referenced via links on a sticky thread in the "Accessories" forum.
Certainly the pictures of the accessories would be helpful sometimes when verifying parts offered for sale for instance, or just mysterious bits on bikes.

I think Capo would quite like that actually. I also happen to know he had a fairly good collection of PDF sheets of very useful information, probably of his own composition. I have a couple of them stored, but there must be loads on his PC.... Gone along with his passwords I guess..

It does seem reasonable to assume that the copyright issue would be hard to apply to something dated, no longer published and containing products no longer made nor stocked... But then I don't know Ducati?
I hope we could take this further.