View Single Post
Old 03-06-2020, 06:36 PM   #1256
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Dukedesmo - wish I had seen your comment before ordering from Venhills I think I would have saved myself a few quid.
Still no pictures I am afraid, it is funny when they need their cars looking at it is mega urgent when I want a little help on computer techy stuff there is no urgency whatsoever.
Yesterday, I wired up the Ignitech unit using the 7 core cable just not using the white central core wire. It was quite tricky as the sensors you have to connect to are about 6 x 4 x 3mm with three 0.5mm single uninsulated strands coming out of the 6mm face. You can only make the connection to them by soldering and keeping them apart and juggling the solder, the iron and the tiny part was challenging.
All the wiring except for the connections to the headlamp (on its way on a slow boat from China) is now done.
Today was less successful. I thought I would install the instruments and the rearview monitor in their housing and fit the front lens. All went well until I started to tighten the lens to the housing and it cracked, so I made another and, having made it, when I took the protective film off the acrylic sheet I found a scratch that I hadn't noticed. So I made another and just as I was tightening up the last screw this one cracked. At this point I retired from the garage not in the best of tempers.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote