View Single Post
Old 20-05-2020, 06:59 PM   #1246
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
Another wiring day and a picture of the tidied up congestion zone below.

This is as good as it is going to get.
Two ABS boxes are mounted on a rubber-mounted 3 mm polypropylene welded bracket. The front one basically connects the front and rear indicators to the MU unit. The rear one is a 9-way junction box connecting all the auxiliary circuits to the switched power line from the MU unit.

If I had my time again I would definitely do it differently and my completely dogmatic insistence on running earth leads back to a common point has caused a lot of the issues I have been faced with.
Unfortunately, I will have to take the battery out of its tray as a number of small screws dropped inside and if left there vibration will eventually compromise the battery casing.
I still have to wire up:
a) the headlamp - awaiting delivery of LED unit
b) the orange black to the red lead just behind the ignition switch
c) the coils and the Ignitech unit, the pink and purple leads crossing between the carburettors
d) the power lead to the MU unit (it is all wired and connected to the regulator but final fitting needs the regulator to be in the correct position under the battery)
e) the power lead to the camera at the back. I only remembered this one after I had taped up the whole loom from the rear light to the connection boxes.

I really, really hope it all works. It should do and I have only guessed two connections - both to the speedo sensor (no colour coding of the power and signal wire was given with the aftermarket instrument).

As light relief from wiring,
a) I made a bracket from 2 mm stainless to guide the drain pipes from the carburettors. This took ages, stainless steel ruined 2 step drills and the square hole in the front had to be laboriously filed out to hide the fact that the drill skidded and a "lightening" hole ended up not central.

b) found a use for three rubber blanking grommets (after trimming the inner edge with a Stanley knife) filling up the threaded handlebar holes in the top yoke and the mirror thred in the clutch lever clamp. Better than bolts as they weigh virtually nothing.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote