View Single Post
Old 31-12-2016, 10:41 PM   #42
spuggy

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by norvin998 View Post
Do you know if it would have been necessary to adjust the mapping for the Termis? Curious as its the first injection Duc. Extra midrange is a "real world" performance gain, +5 bhp at 11k rpm might excite some but 5ft Lb extra torque at 5k is more to my taste.
+1.

Just a datapoint/opinion you might find useful; I bought my 900ie with high-level Sils (no baffles), stock airbox and ECU.

It seemed to run great. Little delicate below 3 grand, clutch feathering needed in traffic. Some fit a different front sprocket to lower the gearing.

Fitted a DP ECU, high-level DP 'zorsts and the DP airbox cover. NOS kit - except it came with a stock ECU in the box, someone had that away... had to source a DP one, lucked out and got one cheap on Flea Bay...

Transformed the bike, night and day difference in low-end/mid-range torque.. It's obviously much happier; just open the throttle and it pulls.

Moto Rapido (and doubtless others) can flash the DP map onto a stock ECU.

There's some free software that probably (site is in French, but I think it supports the correct ECU) lets you tune the map with a 10 quid cable, or use the Power Commander to intercept/piggy-back on top of the stock sensors/ECU.

Plugging in a factory part seemed like a lot less faffing around to me...
spuggy is offline   Reply With Quote