View Single Post
Old 17-11-2019, 02:14 PM   #12
Pedro
Ciao, come stai?

Bike: Multiple Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flip View Post
Personally I'm surprised they've carried on with the Monster for as long as they have.

In my eyes it's only really been a Monster in name to carry on the line for a number of years now.

The original Streetfighter was more 'Monster' than the Monsters of the time and although the Scrambler looks to a time through rose tinted glasses, it now carries the accessory catalogue for owners to add their touches to the motorcycle in the same way the original Monsters did until the shape had the major facelift.

But even the Scrambler is in danger of ending up like Vegas era Elvis with the 1100 motor but I suppose it's customer driven with people wanting bigger and better all the time.

I know times change and the modern bikes are probably far better than the originals but ridiculous power, rider modes and quickshifters were never what the Monster was about.

......or maybe I'm getting old
Yep, ya gettin’ old! Lol!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slob View Post
‘14 to ‘18

still the best road bike I’ve ever ridden, should have taken better care of mine
Yes you should have... not to mention your good self too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
Flip, I struggle with all the electronics on a modern bike. I'm no luddite to technology, but prefer to have more of an interaction with the bike. My R is permanently in sport mode with the gismos turned down as far as possible.
Ditto. At Rob has said, the 12R is by far the best road bike I’ve ridden in 30+ years, it’s permanently in Sport (I can’t remember how to change it) and have everything else dialled down.

Keeping mine

Ped