View Single Post
Old 24-03-2015, 11:50 PM   #45
Flip

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by steeevvvooo View Post
but after the few races I did I have a huge amount of respect for anyone who does race and doesn't finish last, like I did in each race.
I started racing about the same time as you Steve (we did ACU course at Brands on the same day- remember?).

Even finishing last means you have got out there and had a go and can stick two fingers up to all those people sat track side taking the p1ss saying they could do better- maybe they could but they have to do it to prove it!!

My first race was a real eye opener- 2012, Easter weekend, unseasonally good weather, a hired van, a trusty tent and a mate along for moral support.
Looking around the paddock and thinking to myself 'It all looks a bit serious but I'll be alright I'm a reasonably quick road rider'. First practice was enough to make me re-think that- racing is COMPLETELY different and only those that have had a go will understand properly.

It is also fantastic fun (when things stay the right way up or don't break), incredibly addictive and possibly the best thing I have ever done on two wheels.