Thread: New Monster
View Single Post
Old 28-11-2020, 11:10 AM   #19
Albie
Fanactical volunteer

Bike: M900
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah blah View Post
I'm not the target market for this as I won't be swapping mine but I think a lot will be down to how it looks. If it ends up looking like a another clone that gets lost in the sea of 'monsters' * from other manufacturers then why would anyone buy it other than for the name? I'll see what the teenager thinks when pictures are released.

Better handling and stiffer frames? Always welcome but test riders used to V4s and track testing doesn't necessarily mean it'll be any better for normal people in the real world on our roads at 7/10ths.

And despite all that which seems a bit negative, I look forward to seeing it, just hope the people making the sub frames aren't the same ones that made my tank..

*didn't know what the collective was for lots of Monsters was or even if there is one but 'Sea of Monsters' seems to fit !
I get what your saying. Having had a mk1 900 then a mk2 in the s4 then falling for the mk2 1100s that got a very tough reception but it have me everything I wanted with power and lightness etc I was very happy. I never fell out of love with it I never fell in love with its replacement as to why I got the Scrambler. It was old school monster underneath. Hence me having gone backwards but that's me not the new kid on the block.
If I had the money I would have every incarnation monster. They learn but continue to make considered bad mistakes with race bikes but these are not and they seem to think its adequate which no doubt it is. I feel that going plastic is not going green. Metal is greener but obviously wood is greener too but let's not do that. As I say we must be open minded and hoping enough fall in love and make Ducati progress but in the modern today everything successful gets changed just because the market doesnt stand still. In the olden days we say lol cars were changed maybe every 5 years now its annual upgrades like phones. Must have society. Ducati seem to follow that line except they still cannot seem to change the moto gp bike looks because it is thought to be working. It's not pretty is it. We all seem to accept it's a great bike though but needs more work. Personally I think the Panigale looks better but the desmosedici needs that awful rear sorting.
Albie is offline   Reply With Quote