View Single Post
Old 29-03-2017, 09:00 PM   #15
Flip

Bike: M900
Here is a schematic of the fuel system which might help you- listed as a 750 but identical to a 900:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren69 View Post
Isn't there a low pressure fuel pump and filter in the tank on these?
No Darren, on the carb'd bikes the fuel filter is external and the pump is mounted to the frame, it's a Mikuni item often seen on snow mobiles apparently:

The three takes offs are: Fuel in, fuel out and vacuum to the vertical cylinder intake to work the diaphragm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis menace View Post
If it is a '97 then Stein Dinse shows an in line filter, rubber mounted on the frame to a vacuum type pump. I had a similar arrangement on my M600. The 'vacuum' is provided by a take off from the air intake so that connection has to be good. Also, it is easy to get the pipe connections the wrong way round on the pump if the pump has been messed with. Definitely worth making sure the tank air vent is clear by blowing it through from the fuel cap opening with an air line and making sure the flap valve in the petrol cap is not blocked or stuck shut. Both will cause fuel starvation eventually.
The very early 900's had their fuel filters mounted as you describe but I'm not sure if SD have got their photos quite right. All the '97ish 900's I have seen are mounted like this which they list as being for a 600/750 (although it is quite likely if ordered you would receive the correct part of course):