View Single Post
Old 06-04-2024, 03:25 PM   #31
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Stand is looking good Mike. I hope this one proves more reliable after the R&D process.

I've probably told this story before?
When I took my Monster for it's first MOT after I'd bought it and fettled it, I gasped when the tester forced it into the air against the side stand and leaned his fat gut over it to wiggle the back wheel.
I immediately ordered him to stop, quite loudly! A short argument ensued resulting in me wheeling my bike away untested. I can't remember if I paid him anything for the test. Needless to say I have not darkened his door again.
My previously favoured tester for some considerable years took up the slack and as it happened had just bought a new Abba stand with many mandrels for the various swinging arm pivots.
I was much happier with this but I do wonder how they feel the swingarm bearings with the stand through the pivot?

Using the side stand for this is unprofessional to the core and should never be allowed!

At one of the East Kirby shows, a brash fellow decided to ride his 916 into our stand for some reason, and then proceeded to turn his bike round quite roughly,by pivoting it on his weedy side stand. I gasped in disbelief and kind of hoped it would snap, but unfortunately there were several Monsters in close proximity, so it wouldn't have ended well.
I think he might have been swiftly cable tied to one of the Lancaster's props and spun for 5 minutes.. (Too good for him though!)

What in the world is wrong with a centre stand??