View Single Post
Old 06-08-2020, 11:53 AM   #5
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Thanks Flip, That will be an interesting comparison.
I just put it in gear and pushed forward until it hit resistance, rested it on the side stand and marked down on the floor with a roofing square off the back tyre, then same again pulling it back.

I've just had a 60 mile ride on mixed roads, concentrating on my gearchanges a bit more than normal.. To be honest it all feels perfectly normal again!
I have an MOT booked for the morning, so I will give the old girl it's annual little once over.
I will also, if I can get them finished, pop my new silencers on and change the spark plugs.

At the moment I am running the cored cans that have been on there since shortly after I bought it. I have had a running battle over the years trying to keep the "baffles" in. The last time the left hand one blew I just gave up and ran it till there was nothing left inside!
So it's reasonable to assume that it's not running at it's best and sounds awful!
I usually change the spark plugs @ 6k but have let these ones sail on past that because they seem to still be working fine. I do find that old plugs affect the slow running.

So tomorrow we will see if it was just that electric bike that spoiled me?