View Single Post
Old 31-07-2007, 12:54 PM   #9
Gilps

Quote:
Originally Posted by benson View Post
Great reading Graham!!! And well done too - how did Mr Gilps do?
Mixed fortunes really.
In the qualifier I lost the front end in Quarry, where so many others fell during the weekend. I was so chuffed as my CSS training kicked in. As the front tucked I cracked the thottle open fully and just relaxed. The bike just picked itself back up and I carried on. I qualified with 3 bikes behind me on the grid.
Race 1 I didn't get a good start. 2 bikes passed me fairly early on, a 583 and a 620, and I spent the next few laps slowly catching up. As I was catching up I got lapped by Hawk and it just threw me completely and the bike behind who I had held off so far passed me too. I finished last behind the 3 guys who I had out-qualified. I was pretty hacked off at that point as my fastest lap in the race was 2 seconds slower than my qualifying time.
In race 2 I stayed ahead of the 620 who had beaten me in race 1 and he didn't manage to get past me this time. The two 583's got ahead of me off the line so I chased them down for the next few laps. I passed the first one 2 laps from home, and the second one on the last lap. I was really happy at that point as I had beaten the 3 guys who finished in front in the first race. And I knocked 2 seconds off my qualifying time.
I need to get more aggressive before and during the race. I'm just too chilled and need to get fired up more. When I get on it I find that I am slowly improving. I've got a long way to go yet though. I'm really loving racing, and team DOH! is on a roll now. A big up to our pit bitches, Scrumpster and Chappers, but not so impressed with the crew chief who chucked in the lamest excuse yet for non-attendance, 2 broken ribs. GWS Slob.
Thanks to all those who came along to watch and support us.