Thread: Earplugs
View Single Post
Old 17-05-2021, 07:30 PM   #9
bigredduke
Nothing to see here

Bike: M1100evo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez900ie View Post
Aren't some brands of helmet more insulated than others which would help?
I'm sure that's true. I believe from anecdotal evidence, that Schuberth helmets are supposed to be very quiet. However, short of trying a myriad of helmets actually on the bike they would be difficult to test unless you had access to a wind tunnel.

Furthermore, I have found the same helmet can be noisier on one bike than another, due perhaps to the aerodynamics of a screen or absence thereof.

I am tempted to insert a line about experiencing the rush of air over one's helmet but I will resist.

I recently bought a Bell Predator helmet which was on offer from Sportsbike shop. I have only tried it once on the Monster but it's significantly quieter than my AGV is/was and more comfortable. It has channels in the side padding for glasses arms which makes wearing them much easier as well.

Until head-shape scanning is more widely available, helmet selection will continue to be trial and error and just trying one for a few minutes in a shop is no substitute for trying it out for real but of course no retailer will allow that, obviously.
bigredduke is offline   Reply With Quote