View Single Post
Old 19-04-2023, 06:03 AM   #13
Brian.

Bike: M750
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
This could be a float height/operation issue, or perforated diaphragm.
The float height/operation is something I did wonder about Mr Gazza, even though there's no signs of overflowing. And I was going to check the diaphragms as a mattter of course, but I don't know what symptoms faulty ones would give.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
Another thing to check would be the triangular grey plastic boxes that sit in the frame either side. It is important that these are present and that the relevant pipes are correctly placed in them and are in good condition, free of splits and leaks.
The boxes provide a place to draw still air from for the pipes, but I'm damned if I can remember what those pipes do and why they need still air except that if they don't it will run rough, though probably more at higher speeds than slow and definitely worse in windy weather.
Now this is interesting, because the triandular box on the left has no pipes leading to it at all, the one on the right has one - a breather pipe which I put in there because it looked like that was where it should go, based on photos of other bikes. And the similar breather pipe from the other carb is incomplete.

So this could be at least part of the problem, although the worst problems in my bike's running are at low speed....

But that is definitely something that I must correct when I put it all back together.

But thanks for the reply

Last edited by Brian.; 19-04-2023 at 06:12 AM..
Brian. is offline   Reply With Quote