View Single Post
Old 09-04-2024, 05:40 PM   #10
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger101 View Post
Gazza, you shouldn't really be using the GT versions on a small, light bike. The GT versions are reprofiled and built differently than the standard versions to offset the very heavy weight bikes particular handling and wear rates. If you like them, then that's fine, but not a recommendation from any of the manufacturers. BT023 are an excellent tyre.
I much appreciate your advice Mark. Thank you.
The GT's are on the Zero which is a bit of a porker @502lbs (228kg.)
My Monster is like a bicycle in comparison and the new standard BT023's are destined for that.
I was so impressed with the BT023's that I put on the 750SS that DaveR bought. So I put BT023GT on the Zero and 023's for the Monster. So surefooted and confidence inspiring.

Tyre nerdy story here; The Rosso 111 set that we cut off the Zero were so hard!
I was told that they most likely came from Pirelli's factory in South America, Brazil I think? Or possibly Mexico?
The theory is that they use a hot climate compound for that latitude otherwise they would melt in normal use. Stands to reason that Zero would source their tyres closer rather than from Europe, being based in California.
Hot climate compound (If there is such a thing?) didn't stand a chance of warming up in the British winter.
What do you reckon Mark? True or false?