View Single Post
Old 22-11-2015, 02:29 PM   #8
kevrobot

Hiya everyone! Thanks for the kind words.
Nottsbiker, I have tried that but unfortunately that only took the inner sleeve and rubbers out so I'm trying various things to get the outer sleeve out of the wheels. So far I've tried stuffing bolts behind and drifting that way (I saw this on YouTube and thought it was worth a try), I'm currently grinding them with a dremmel so we will see where that takes me. I was considering a reamer to shave away piece by piece until they're gone.

Darkness, before I tore it down I chopped the back end and put some micro indicators on the back to tidy it all up. I also got rid of the filter housing for some k&n cones and upped the jetting to 145s. Seemed to have worked as the bike lunged a lot when cruising along....I discovered 125 jets in there and the needle clip was right out. I understand stock are 132.5? Anyway it rode well and was nice and smooth through all throttle positions and gears after my tinker.
Apart from that I am planning on keeping it fairly stock and just tarting it up and lightening the load by removing any unnecessary bits of plastic etc.

Kev