View Single Post
Old 28-06-2021, 06:38 PM   #221
Mr Gazza
Lord of the Rings

Bike: M900sie
Thanks for telling the story of the Buzzbomb trophy Mike, it reminded me how far back it goes.
The bases are made from English Burr Oak which I French polished. The clamp is from Buzzbomb's bike, which I de-painted and polished. It's held to the base with Titanium bolts which you can't really see. (In the true spirit of the obsessive lightener. ) The threads are actually tapped into the hard Burr Oak
This year all the plaques were laser engraved on laminated metal/plastic material.

So Buzzbomb's Trophy has Carbon fibre, Titanium, laser engraving, rare enamelled badges, polishing, custom and bespoke anodised alloy parts and an awful lot of love. Not to mention the gnarly character of English Burr Oak. I hope it will carry his memory on for many years and inspire builders to create ever more imaginative and beautiful Monsters.

Just to re-iterate Mikes thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and made such it a touching club tribute to a late great club member and friend.

Barbara for all Geoff's parts to use for the ornaments, Rob and Vince for the Ducati badges and the carbon tube, Desmoworld for the stunning name plate and screws and of course Chris for getting them to the ball on time.
I had a plastic replica of the name plate made and temporarily fixed in case of a no show, but thanks to Chris I was able to switch for the real McCoy on Friday evening... And of course big thanks to Mike for pulling the whole show together..
You might also notice that there is no 2021 on the plaques as it was all so shaky that the Weekender would happen at all.... It did happen and what a ball it has been...

Last edited by Mr Gazza; 28-06-2021 at 06:51 PM..
Mr Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote