View Single Post
Old 25-05-2020, 06:40 AM   #19
Darren69
Transmaniacon MOC

Bike: Multiple Monsters
While I was rummaging through some boxes looking for the old breather box and hoses I came across some NOS DP breather valves which I had forgot I had:-

After I had decided which colour to use. I set about removing all the gubbins required to get access to the valve.

Fortunately I had already installed quick release fuel couplings so it was fairly straightforward, the tank could stay on and I just had to unplug the brake light connector and move the brake reservoir out of the way to give a bit more room for maneuvering, as it's really tight in there.

There's no room to get a spanner in there to get it undone and it was too tight to undo by hand. I was about to give up and then remembered I had bought some rubber strap wrenches, of the type used to undo jar lids and such.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/500mm-Uni...M8amCLhnv6Ij4w

These are made for this job, it came undone straightaway and was replaced with the new DP valve. I decided that the gold one looked better than the silver one.

I decided against using any sealant on it for now as the plastic ones are prone to leak a bit of oil and I noticed the one on mine had an oring. So will have to see how it fares, with some miles on it.

Anyway all buttoned back up, As soon as the correct hose clips arrive, I just need to fit the new hose and filter and decide where it can be routed that is not going to spray oil mist on the back tyre.

Termignoni and Bucci - Italian for pipe and slippers!

S4 Fogarty, S4R 07T, 748, Series 1 Mirage
Darren69 is offline   Reply With Quote