View Single Post
Old 17-04-2020, 01:58 PM   #51
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Gazza View Post
I'm surprised and disgusted by the racist rants and hatred in the last posts. Not something I want to be seeing on here!
It's natural for people to fear what they don't understand and it's clear that you don't understand, as your facts and figures are wrong.
Yes there is a disproportional amount of crime found among SOME traveller and Gypsy sites and there is certainly a portion of their members who are vile and live a life of crime... You can say the same about any sector of society (including "bikers")

The vast majority of Travellers and Gypsies are trying hard to live clean ,wholesome ,legal lives and get their children into education, against the prejudices that prevail. Someone very close to me works for a local authority and helps Travellers and Gypsies to integrate with "normal" society, to settle, to pay taxes and to get their children into schools... It's an uphill struggle against the prejudice, the lack of education in the older population, particularly the women, and the damage to their reputation by a rotten few!

Just think, if you are treated badly as a motorcyclist. Is this the result of a prejudice formed by a hooligan or hooligans somewhere down the line.. Are we all murderous villains?

I once heard a very wise man say to a loud prejudiced idiot " Of course a sweeping statement is always the easiest to make, as it requires little thought." They were strong words spoken softly and it belittled the loud one in front of quite a crowd.. I'll never forget it.

I'd just like you to think about what you have said.. That's all. Hope I don't hear this kind of talk on here again.
Well said and thanks.