View Single Post
Old 23-04-2020, 09:51 PM   #14
Jez900ie
Pleasantly surprised!

Bike: M900ie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rac3r View Post
I emailed Nitron about a shock for my S2R and they replied saying that they don't do one. I could have sworn people on here had them??
Unfortunately I went through a similar problem when I bought my used Nitron from a member here. Nitron UK sales staff said it wouldn't fit. That the length was different one. That the valving would be wrong. That the fitting would be wrong etc etc.

I then checked with several Ducati parts suppliers who all said my bikes original shock was the same one/ same parts number as on various other Ducati bikes for which Nitron made a shock. I checked with Ohlins who supplied the identical same shock for my bike as several others which Nitron sales staff said required a different item. I repeated the same thing with Bi Tubo, Wilbers, Hagon etc. Each time the shock for my bike and several other Ducatis were identical and totally interchangable between those bikes.

In the end I rang Nitron and simply asked them to put me through to someone in the technical department without explaining why. A super friendly girl said sure and put me through. The guy who was head of the tech department took less than a minute to confirm that the shock I had did indeed fit my bike...
  1. So find out the Showa/ Ducati part number.
  2. Find out which other Ducatis use the same shock
  3. Ask Nitron to sell you one of those.

The moral of the story is Nitron make great shocks. The prices are very good. The sales people are really nice. The information that the sales people access is poor/ incorrect.

I think from memory that my Nitron shock is a NTBKD05 & an S2800 uses the same one. But don't take my word for it.

The only other thing I would add is that Nitron could have stopped making shocks for these older models, but I doubt it.

Good luck!

Last edited by Jez900ie; 23-04-2020 at 09:54 PM..
Jez900ie is offline   Reply With Quote