View Single Post
Old 06-03-2020, 07:46 PM   #1178
350TSS
Too much time on my hands member

Bike: M900
I struggled for about 2 hours trying to get the return throttle cable engaged in its quadrant, I just had to keep walking away from it and doing other little jobs. Stupidly I had engaged the pull cable first which was a piece of cake to fit but this severely restricted access for the return cable. Eventually, I took the pull cable off again although it still took me another half hour to get the return cable located.
In between buggering about with throttle cables I made up and routed the starter cable, on the left side, adjacent to the alternator cable, I also mounted the switches on both clip-ons. I decided against drilling 5 mm location holes in the bars but rather filed off the locating pegs on the switches, they seem to grip the bars adequately without rotating. The decision was partly because I do not like the idea of 5mm holes in the bars but mainly because it would have been a right pain to strip it down to drill the hole and I was nervous that once located it might have needed to be changed which may have necessitated another hole or filing down the locating pegs.
The rear caliper got the lugs countersunk, but I could not fit it as it got scratched so it had to be repainted.
The clutch slave cylinder also got fitted not without the drama of removing the powder coating from the locale where it sits.
I am now down (again) to c 120 hours on the ETTC.
Installing the wiring is next.
350TSS is offline   Reply With Quote